Monday, March 26, 2012

I have a thought!

Whether it is a good one or not is yet to be determined. You figure it out.
Okay, okay, I think it is a good idea. And that's what counts. So on to the actual idea bfore I begin rambling on and on about absolutely nothing...
 So, I have already commited to reading sixty (60) books this year, and at least one new one every month.  I intend to reach that goal, but after I do that (next year) I am going to resolve not to read anything fiction, possibly non-fiction as well, excepting the Bible. I know! Crazy, absolutely crazy for a bibl;iaphobia like me to resolve not to read anything for about a year (possibly longer, depending on how long the second part takes), but I do have good reason, I promise!
 The second part of this resolution is...duh duh dun! I am going to write! And write and write and write! I know that I could just continue to read and write together, but this project is kind of meant to help me develope my "writer's voice", I don't want what I read to effect what I'm writing. And if that means I have to give up reading for awhile, then so be it. I am going to miss it. But I think it will be worth it.
  I am also going to be working on a special project that I won't say anymore about because it's a great secret...

P.S. I'm sorry I've been MIA, our power went out at home for a few days due to electrical problems, but I'm ba-ack!

What do you think of my idea? Do you have similar goals? Or an experience with this sort of thing?

Ta for now!

2 comments:

  1. Ouch. A whole year without reading? I suppose that would make you read the Bible quite a lot more and do quite a bit of writing but I know that personally it would take way more self-control than I have. A week without reading would be hard enough for me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it depends on how things go. If I finish my project in less then a year, and get a fair amount of writing done on short stories, then I won't wait a year. I've also told my family of this plan and I hope it will help keep me accountable. :)

    ReplyDelete

I review comments to keep from being spammed.
I only have one request of my readers, please keep the language clean and family-friendly! God bless.