Thursday, April 12, 2012

DYI: Journal - Planner


More or less, this is what the journal looked like when I first bought it in a Seattle bookstore last summer. Minus the three black tabs on the side. I didn't add the elastic band holding it closed. The cover has this quote on it.

"We all have a better guide in ourselves, if we
would attend to it, than any other person can be."
 - Mansfield Park

 Inside, on the first page I added a space (the red thing) for my info in case I lost this little book.
And below it is a little illustration of Regency Era ladies. The quote that accompanies it (and there are many like this sprinkled throughout the journal) is my favorite of Jane's
"I do not want people to be agreeable as it saves me the trouble of liking them." (personal quote)

 (The sticker on the left side came from the back, I just
couldn't bear to part with it because I thought is was so funny)
 It says
"It is a truth universally aknowledged that a person in possession of many splendid ideas must be in want of a perfect place to write."


I'll do a post explaining the envelope pockets if you guys want it.
The tabs (if you can see in the picture) are for addresses, a calendar section, and a journaling/scrapbook section.

And if you are curious I edited these pictures in Paint. I kid you not.

Ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I review comments to keep from being spammed.
I only have one request of my readers, please keep the language clean and family-friendly! God bless.