Friday, April 6, 2012

Quiz Answers!

Alright, answers then scores! Here you are, m'dears.











This picture is from the set of  Sense & Sensibility (2008) . And my apologies! for I've no idea what scene it came from. I'm a bit of a scatterbrain, and when I found this after searching for the 1995 version, I thought I recognized it from the earlier movie. However, I soon found that I was mistaken. I thought it was the picnic scene where Col. Brandon gets called away abruptly (which is rather silly, as that scene involded an open carriage!). So, for those of you who guessed any scene at all, I gave it to you. Sorry if that feels a little like cheating to you, if you want I can deduct points. ;)













This is Mr. Thornton's veiw of Miss Hale's carriage as she drives away from his house and Milton *takes hankerchief to eyes* ...forever!....*muffled sobbing*... and the quote is "Look back...Look back at me!" *sobbing no longer muffled(note: Thornton is not sobbing! I am at this point weeping)* It was at this point in the film (North & South) I fell in love.

This is Christine Daae engagement ring from Viscount Raoul de Chagny in The Phantom of the Opera


This is Amy Dorrit holding Arthur Clennam's button in  Little Dorrit.




Netherfield Park owned by Mr. Bingley (I almost typed Mingley) In Pride & Prejudice (1995)


~THE SCORES~

Miss Laurie = 40 points
Miss Dashwood = 30 points
Melody = 30 points
I hope you enjoyed the quiz! Thank you ladies for playing, ta for now.


1 comment:

  1. That's okay about #1. It took me several guesses to come close to the right film! After just closely examining my S&S 2008 screencaps it seems that the carriage is the one used in the scene where John & Fanny Dashwood arrive at Norland at the beginning of the film. Also the few steps down to the lawn seem to be the spot where the scene of Edward & Elinor talking and then Edward gives Margaret a ride on his horse was filmed. I'd assume they put out the "red carpet" on the ground to keep the actor's costumes clean. The cream & blue carriage has a cream interior which looks fancier than the white & black carriage used when Mrs. Dashwood & girls leave Norland. I doubt it's any of the scenes at Cleveland because the front lawn looks vastly different than in those scenes.

    That Mr. Thornton scene always makes me cry! And then a few minutes later when she says good-bye to Nicholas & Mary I started crying again! It's such a great film! :)

    Oh! It's Christine Daae! I remember that scene now, just before the Masquerade. I don't think I'd ever have guessed that. Good one Stephanie!

    Mr. Mingley, hehe! :)

    This quiz was lots of fun! You should do more like this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I review comments to keep from being spammed.
I only have one request of my readers, please keep the language clean and family-friendly! God bless.